1. At that time Merodachbaladan, the son of Baladan, king of Babylon, sent letters and a present to Hezekiah: for he had heard that he had been sick, and was recovered.
2. And Hezekiah was pleased with them, and showed them the house of his treasures, the silver, and the gold, and the spices, and the precious ointment, and all the house of his armory, and all that was found in his treasures: there was nothing in his house, nor in all his dominion, that Hezekiah showed them not.
3. Then came Isaiah the prophet unto king Hezekiah, and said unto him, What said these men? and from where came they unto you? And Hezekiah said, They have come from a far country unto me, even from Babylon.
4. Then said he, What have they seen in your house? And Hezekiah answered, All that is in my house have they seen: there is nothing among my treasures that I have not shown them.
5. Then said Isaiah to Hezekiah, Hear the word of the LORD of hosts:
6. Behold, the days come, that all that is in your house, and that which your fathers have laid up in store until this day, shall be carried to Babylon: nothing shall be left, says the LORD.
7. And of your sons that shall issue from you, whom you shall beget, shall they take away; and they shall be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon.
8. Then said Hezekiah to Isaiah, Good is the word of the LORD which you have spoken. He said moreover, For there shall be peace and truth in my days.