1. The burden concerning Moab. Because in the night Ar of Moab is laid waste, and brought to silence; because in the night Kir of Moab is laid waste, and brought to silence;
2. He has gone up to the temple, and to Dibon, the high places, to weep: Moab shall wail over Nebo, and over Medeba: on all their heads shall be baldness, and every beard cut off.
3. In their streets they shall clothe themselves with sackcloth: on the tops of their houses, and in their streets, everyone shall wail, weeping abundantly.
4. And Heshbon shall cry, and Elealeh: their voice shall be heard even unto Jahaz: therefore the armed soldiers of Moab shall cry out; his life shall be troubled unto him.
5. My heart shall cry out for Moab; his fugitives shall flee unto Zoar, to Eglathshelishiyah: for by the ascent of Luhith with weeping shall they go up; for in the way of Horonaim they shall raise up a cry of destruction.
6. For the waters of Nimrim shall be desolate: for the green grass has withered away, the grass fails, there is no green thing.
7. Therefore the abundance they have gotten, and that which they have laid up, shall they carry away to the brook of the willows.
8. For the cry has gone all around the borders of Moab; its wailing unto Eglaim, its wailing unto Beerelim.
9. For the waters of Dimon shall be full of blood: for I will bring more upon Dimon, lions upon him that escapes Moab, and upon the remnant of the land.