1. Cast your bread upon the waters: for you shall find it after many days.
2. Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for you know not what evil shall be upon the earth.
3. If the clouds are full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree falls toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falls, there it shall be.
4. He that observes the wind shall not sow; and he that regards the clouds shall not reap.
5. As you know not what is the way of the wind, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so you know not the works of God who makes all.
6. In the morning sow your seed, and in the evening withhold not your hand: for you know not which shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both alike shall be good.
7. Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun:
8. But if a man lives many years, and rejoices in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness; for they shall be many. All that comes is vanity.
9. Rejoice, O young man, in your youth; and let your heart cheer you in the days of your youth, and walk in the ways of your heart, and in the sight of your eyes: but know that for all these things God will bring you into judgment.
10. Therefore remove sorrow from your heart, and put away evil from your flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity.