1. He, that being often reproved hardens his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy.
2. When the righteous are in authority, the people rejoice: but when the wicked bears rule, the people mourn.
3. Whosoever loves wisdom rejoices his father: but he that keeps company with harlots wastes his substance.
4. The king by justice establishes the land: but he that receives bribes overthrows it.
5. A man that flatters his neighbor spreads a net for his feet.
6. In the transgression of an evil man there is a snare: but the righteous does sing and rejoice.
7. The righteous considers the cause of the poor: but the wicked regards not such knowledge.
8. Scornful men bring a city into a snare: but wise men turn away wrath.
9. If a wise man contends with a foolish man, whether the foolish man rages or laughs, there is no rest.
10. The bloodthirsty hate the upright: but the just seek his good.
11. A fool utters all his mind: but a wise man keeps it in till afterwards.
12. If a ruler hearkens to lies, all his servants are wicked.
13. The poor and the deceitful man meet together: the LORD lightens both their eyes.
14. The king that faithfully judges the poor, his throne shall be established forever.
15. The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself brings his mother to shame.
16. When the wicked are multiplied, transgression increases: but the righteous shall see their fall.
17. Correct your son, and he shall give you rest; yea, he shall give delight unto your soul.
18. Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keeps the law, happy is he.
19. A servant will not be corrected by words: for though he understands he will not answer.
20. See you a man that is hasty in his words? there is more hope for a fool than for him.
21. He that carefully brings up his servant from a child shall have him become his son in the end.
22. An angry man stirs up strife, and a furious man abounds in transgression.
23. A man's pride shall bring him low: but honor shall uphold the humble in spirit.
24. Whosoever is partner with a thief hates his own soul: he hears cursing, and reveals it not.
25. The fear of man brings a snare: but whosoever puts his trust in the LORD shall be safe.
26. Many seek the ruler's favor; but every man's judgment comes from the LORD.
27. An unjust man is an abomination to the just: and he that is upright in the way is abomination to the wicked.