1. A wise son hears his father's instruction: but a scoffer hears not rebuke.
2. A man shall eat good by the fruit of his mouth: but the soul of the transgressors feeds on violence.
3. He that keeps his mouth keeps his life: but he that opens wide his lips shall have destruction.
4. The soul of the sluggard desires, and has nothing: but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.
5. A righteous man hates lying: but a wicked man is loathsome, and comes to shame.
6. Righteousness keeps him that is upright in the way: but wickedness overthrows the sinner.
7. There is one that makes himself rich, yet has nothing: there is one that makes himself poor, yet has great riches.
8. The ransom of a man's life are his riches: but the poor hears not rebuke.
9. The light of the righteous rejoices: but the lamp of the wicked shall be put out.
10. Only by pride comes strife: but with the well advised is wisdom.
11. Wealth gotten by vanity shall be diminished: but he that gathers by labor shall increase.
12. Hope deferred makes the heart sick: but when the desire is fulfilled, it is a tree of life.
13. Whosoever despises the word shall be destroyed: but he that fears the commandment shall be rewarded.
14. The law of the wise is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares of death.
15. Good understanding gives favor: but the way of transgressors is hard.
16. Every prudent man deals with knowledge: but a fool lays open his folly.
17. A wicked messenger falls into trouble: but a faithful ambassador is health.
18. Poverty and shame shall be to him that refuses instruction: but he that regards reproof shall be honored.
19. The desire accomplished is sweet to the soul: but it is abomination to fools to depart from evil.
20. He that walks with wise men shall be wise: but a companion of fools shall be destroyed.
21. Evil pursues sinners: but to the righteous good shall be repaid.
22. A good man leaves an inheritance to his children's children: but the wealth of the sinner is laid up for the just.
23. Much food is in the fallow ground of the poor: but there is that is destroyed for lack of justice.
24. He that spares his rod hates his son: but he that loves him chastens him early.
25. The righteous eats to the satisfying of his soul: but the belly of the wicked shall go hungry.