1. A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is his delight.
2. When pride comes, then comes shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.
3. The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them.
4. Riches profit not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivers from death.
5. The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked shall fall by his own wickedness.
6. The righteousness of the upright shall deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own lust.
7. When a wicked man dies, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of unjust men perishes.
8. The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the wicked comes in his stead.
9. A hypocrite with his mouth destroys his neighbor: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered.
10. When it goes well with the righteous, the city rejoices: and when the wicked perish, there is shouting.
11. By the blessing of the upright the city is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked.
12. He that is void of wisdom despises his neighbor: but a man of understanding holds his peace.
13. A talebearer reveals secrets: but he that is of a faithful spirit conceals the matter.
14. Where no counsel is, the people fall: but in the multitude of counselors there is safety.
15. He that is surety for a stranger shall suffer for it: and he that hates being surety is secure.
16. A gracious woman retains honor: and strong men retain riches.
17. The merciful man does good to his own soul: but he that is cruel troubles his own flesh.
18. The wicked works a deceitful work: but to him that sows righteousness shall be a sure reward.
19. As righteousness leads to life: so he that pursues evil pursues it to his own death.
20. They that are of a perverse heart are abomination to the LORD: but such as are upright in their way are his delight.
21. Though they join hand to hand, the wicked shall not be unpunished: but the descendants of the righteous shall be delivered.
22. As a jewel of gold in a swine's snout, so is a beautiful woman who is without discretion.
23. The desire of the righteous is only good: but the expectation of the wicked is wrath.
24. There is one that scatters, and yet increases; and there is one that withholds more than is right, but it leads to poverty.
25. The liberal soul shall be made rich: and he that waters shall be watered also himself.
26. He that withholds grain, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that sells it.
27. He that diligently seeks good procures favor: but he that seeks evil, it shall come unto him.
28. He that trusts in his riches shall fall: but the righteous shall flourish as a branch.
29. He that troubles his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool shall be servant to the wise of heart.
30. The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that wins souls is wise.
31. Behold, the righteous shall be recompensed on the earth: much more the wicked and the sinner.