1. Wisdom has built her house, she has hewn out her seven pillars:
2. She has slaughtered her beasts; she has mixed her wine; she has also furnished her table.
3. She has sent forth her maidens: she cries upon the highest places of the city,
4. Whosoever is simple, let him turn in here: as for him that lacks understanding, she says to him,
5. Come, eat of my bread, and drink of the wine which I have mixed.
6. Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
7. He that reproves a scoffer gets for himself shame: and he that rebukes a wicked man gets himself injury.
8. Reprove not a scoffer, lest he hate you: rebuke a wise man, and he will love you.
9. Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
10. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
11. For by me your days shall be multiplied, and the years of your life shall be increased.
12. If you are wise, you shall be wise for yourself: but if you scoff, you alone shall bear it.
13. A foolish woman is boisterous: she is simple, and knows nothing.
14. For she sits at the door of her house, on a seat in the high places of the city,
15. To call those who pass by who go right on their ways:
16. Whosoever is simple, let him turn in here: and as for him that lacks understanding, she says to him,
17. Stolen waters are sweet, and bread eaten in secret is pleasant.
18. But he knows not that the dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of the grave.