1. I cried unto the LORD with my voice; with my voice unto the LORD did I make my supplication.
2. I poured out my complaint before him; I showed before him my trouble.
3. When my spirit was overwhelmed within me, then you knew my path. In the way in which I walked have they secretly laid a snare for me.
4. I looked on my right hand, and beheld, but there was no man that would acknowledge me: refuge failed me; no man cared for my soul.
5. I cried unto you, O LORD: I said, you are my refuge and my portion in the land of the living.
6. Attend unto my cry; for I am brought very low: deliver me from my persecutors; for they are stronger than I.
7. Bring my soul out of prison, that I may praise your name: the righteous shall surround me; for you shall deal bountifully with me.