1. Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth, may Israel now say:
2. Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me.
3. The plowers plowed upon my back: they made long their furrows.
4. The LORD is righteous: he has cut asunder the cords of the wicked.
5. Let them all be confounded and turned back that hate Zion.
6. Let them be as the grass upon the housetops, which withers before it grows up:
7. With which the reaper fills not his hand; nor he that binds sheaves his bosom.
8. Neither do they who go by say, The blessing of the LORD be upon you: we bless you in the name of the LORD.