1. Give ear, O Shepherd of Israel, you that lead Joseph like a flock; you that dwell between the cherubim, shine forth.
2. Before Ephraim and Benjamin and Manasseh stir up your strength, and come and save us.
3. Restore us, O God, and cause your face to shine; and we shall be saved.
4. O LORD God of hosts, how long will you be angry against the prayer of your people?
5. You feed them with the bread of tears; and give them tears to drink in great measure.
6. You make us a strife unto our neighbors: and our enemies laugh among themselves.
7. Restore us, O God of hosts, and cause your face to shine; and we shall be saved.
8. You have brought a vine out of Egypt: you have cast out the nations, and planted it.
9. You prepared room before it, and did cause it to take deep root, and it filled the land.
10. The hills were covered with the shadow of it, and the boughs thereof were like the goodly cedars.
11. It sent out its boughs unto the sea, and its branches unto the river.
12. Why have you then broken down its hedges, so that all they who pass by the way do pluck its fruit?
13. The boar out of the wood does waste it, and the wild beast of the field does devour it.
14. Return, we beseech you, O God of hosts: look down from heaven, and behold, and visit this vine;
15. And the vineyard which your right hand has planted, and the branch that you made strong for yourself.
16. It is burned with fire, it is cut down: they perish at the rebuke of your countenance.
17. Let your hand be upon the man of your right hand, upon the son of man whom you made strong for yourself.
18. Then will we not go back from you: revive us, and we will call upon your name.
19. Restore us, O LORD God of hosts, cause your face to shine; and we shall be saved.