1. I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.
2. In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord: my sore ran in the night, and ceased not: my soul refused to be comforted.
3. I remembered God, and was troubled: I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.
4. You hold my eyes from closing: I am so troubled that I cannot speak.
5. I have considered the days of old, the years of ancient times.
6. I call to remembrance my song in the night: I commune with my own heart: and my spirit made diligent search.
7. Will the Lord cast off forever? and will he be favorable no more?
8. Is his mercy ceased forever? does his promise fail forevermore?
9. Has God forgotten to be gracious? has he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.
10. And I said, This is my infirmity: but I will remember the years of the right hand of the most High.
11. I will remember the works of the LORD: surely I will remember your wonders of old.
12. I will meditate also on all your work, and talk of your doings.
13. Your way, O God, is in the sanctuary: who is so great a God as our God?
14. You are the God that does wonders: you have declared your strength among the people.
15. You have with your arm redeemed your people, the sons of Jacob and Joseph. Selah.
16. The waters saw you, O God, the waters saw you; they were afraid: the depths also were troubled.
17. The clouds poured out water: the skies sent out a sound: your arrows also went abroad.
18. The voice of your thunder was in the heaven: the lightnings lighted up the world: the earth trembled and shook.
19. Your way is in the sea, and your path in the great waters, and your footsteps are not known.
20. You led your people like a flock by the hand of Moses and Aaron.