1. Truly my soul waits upon God: from him comes my salvation.
2. He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
3. How long will you imagine evil against a man? you shall be slain all of you: as a leaning wall shall you be, and as a tottering fence.
4. They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
5. My soul, wait you only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
6. He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defense; I shall not be moved.
7. In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
8. Trust in him at all times; you people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.
9. Surely men of low degree are vanity, and men of high degree are a lie: if laid on the balance, they are altogether lighter than vanity.
10. Trust not in oppression, and hope not vainly in robbery: if riches increase, set not your heart upon them.
11. God has spoken once; twice have I heard this; that power belongs unto God.
12. Also unto you, O Lord, belongs mercy: for you render to every man according to his work.