1. Give ear to my prayer, O God; and hide not yourself from my supplication.
2. Attend unto me, and hear me: I mourn in my complaint, and make a noise;
3. Because of the voice of the enemy, because of the oppression of the wicked: for they cast iniquity upon me, and in wrath they hate me.
4. My heart is greatly pained within me: and the terrors of death are fallen upon me.
5. Fearfulness and trembling are come upon me, and horror has overwhelmed me.
6. And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.
7. Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah.
8. I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.
9. Destroy, O Lord, and confuse their tongues: for I have seen violence and strife in the city.
10. Day and night they go about it upon the walls thereof: mischief also and sorrow are in the midst of it.
11. Wickedness is in the midst thereof: deceit and guile depart not from her streets.
12. For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:
13. But it was you, a man my equal, my guide, and my close friend.
14. We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.
15. Let death seize upon them, and let them go down alive into the grave: for wickedness is in their dwellings, and among them.
16. As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me.
17. Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud: and he shall hear my voice.
18. He has delivered my soul in peace from the battle that was against me: for there were many against me.
19. God shall hear, and afflict them, even he that abides of old. Selah. Because they do not change, therefore they fear not God.
20. He has put forth his hands against such as were at peace with him: he has broken his covenant.
21. The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.
22. Cast your burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain you: he shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
23. But you, O God, shall bring them down into the pit of destruction: bloody and deceitful men shall not live out half their days; but I will trust in you.