1. As the hart pants after the water brooks, so pants my soul after you, O God.
2. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
3. My tears have been my food day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is your God?
4. When I remember these things, I pour out my soul within me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
5. Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disturbed within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
6. O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember you from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
7. Deep calls unto deep at the noise of your waterfalls: all your waves and your billows are gone over me.
8. Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
9. I will say unto God my rock, Why have you forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
10. As with a sword in my bones, my enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is your God?
11. Why are you cast down, O my soul? and why are you disturbed within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.