1. O LORD, rebuke me not in your wrath: neither chasten me in your hot displeasure.
2. For your arrows stick fast in me, and your hand presses me down.
3. There is no soundness in my flesh because of your anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.
4. For my iniquities are gone over my head: as a heavy burden they are too heavy for me.
5. My wounds are foul and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
6. I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.
7. For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.
8. I am feeble and utterly broken: I have groaned by reason of the turmoil of my heart.
9. Lord, all my desire is before you; and my groaning is not hid from you.
10. My heart pants, my strength fails me: as for the light of my eyes, it also is gone from me.
11. My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my plague; and my kinsmen stand afar off.
12. They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and plan deceit all the day long.
13. But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that opens not his mouth.
14. Thus I was as a man that hears not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.
15. For in you, O LORD, do I hope: you will hear, O Lord my God.
16. For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slips, they magnify themselves against me.
17. For I am ready to fall, and my sorrow is continually before me.
18. For I will declare my iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.
19. But my enemies are vigorous, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.
20. They also that render evil for good are my adversaries; because I follow the thing that is good.
21. Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.
22. Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.