1. The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2. When the wicked, even my enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3. Though a host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple.
5. For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret place of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6. And now shall my head be lifted up above my enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the LORD.
7. Hear, O LORD, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8. When you said, Seek my face; my heart said unto you, your face, LORD, will I seek.
9. Hide not your face far from me; put not your servant away in anger: you have been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10. When my father and my mother forsake me, then the LORD will take me up.
11. Teach me your way, O LORD, and lead me in a level path, because of my enemies.
12. Deliver me not over unto the will of my enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13. I would have fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.
14. Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.