1. Help, LORD; for the godly man ceases; for the faithful fail from among the children of men.
2. They speak vanity every one with his neighbor: with flattering lips and with a double heart do they speak.
3. The LORD shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaks proud things:
4. Who have said, With our tongue will we prevail; our lips are our own: who is lord over us?
5. For the oppression of the poor, for the sighing of the needy, now will I arise, says the LORD; I will set him in safety from him that sneers at him.
6. The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tested in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7. You shall keep them, O LORD, you shall preserve them from this generation forever.
8. The wicked prowl on every side, when vile men are exalted.