1. Elihu also proceeded, and said,
2. Bear with me a little, and I will show you that I have yet to speak on Godís behalf.
3. I will get my knowledge from afar, and will ascribe righteousness to my Maker.
4. For truly my words shall not be false: he that is blameless in knowledge is with you.
5. Behold, God is mighty, and despises no one: he is mighty in strength and wisdom.
6. He preserves not the life of the wicked: but gives justice to the poor.
7. He withdraws not his eyes from the righteous: but with kings they are on the throne; yea, he does establish them forever, and they are exalted.
8. And if they are bound in fetters, and are held in cords of affliction;
9. Then he shows them their work, and their transgressions, that they have exceeded.
10. He opens also their ear to discipline, and commands that they return from iniquity.
11. If they obey and serve him, they shall spend their days in prosperity, and their years in pleasures.
12. But if they obey not, they shall perish by the sword, and they shall die without knowledge.
13. But the hypocrites in heart heap up wrath: they cry not when he binds them.
14. They die in youth, and their life is among the unclean.
15. He delivers the poor in his affliction, and opens their ears in oppression.
16. Even so would he have removed you out of the distress into a broad place, where there is no restraint; and that which should be set on your table should be full of richness.
17. But you have fulfilled the judgment of the wicked: judgment and justice take hold on you.
18. Because there is wrath, beware lest he take you away with one blow: then a great ransom cannot deliver you.
19. Will he esteem your riches? no, not gold, nor all the forces of strength.
20. Desire not the night, when people are cut off in their place.
21. Take heed, regard not iniquity: for this have you chosen rather than affliction.
22. Behold, God exalts by his power: who teaches like him?
23. Who has prescribed him his way? or who can say, You have worked iniquity?
24. Remember that you magnify his work, which men behold.
25. Every man may see it; man may behold it afar off.
26. Behold, God is great, and we know him not, neither can the number of his years be searched out.
27. For he makes small the drops of water: they pour down rain according to its vapor:
28. Which the clouds do drop and pour upon man abundantly.
29. Also can any understand the spreadings of the clouds, or the thunder of his tabernacle?
30. Behold, he spreads his lightning upon it, and covers the depths of the sea.
31. For by them judges he the people; he gives food in abundance.
32. With clouds he covers the light; and commands it not to shine by the cloud that comes between.
33. The thunder thereof declares it, the cattle also, concerning the vapor.