1. Elihu spoke moreover, and said,
2. Think you this to be right, that you said, My righteousness is more than Godís?
3. For you said, What advantage will it be unto you? and, What profit shall I have, if I be cleansed from my sin?
4. I will answer you, and your companions with you.
5. Look unto the heavens, and see; and behold the clouds which are higher than you.
6. If you sin, what do you accomplish against him? or if your transgressions are multiplied, what do you do unto him?
7. If you are righteous, what give you to him? or what receives he of your hand?
8. Your wickedness may hurt a man as you are; and your righteousness may profit the son of man.
9. Because of the multitude of oppressions they make the oppressed to cry: they cry out because of the arm of the mighty.
10. But none says, Where is God my maker, who gives songs in the night;
11. Who teaches us more than the beasts of the earth, and makes us wiser than the fowls of heaven?
12. There they cry, but none gives answer, because of the pride of evil men.
13. Surely God will not hear vanity, neither will the Almighty regard it.
14. Although you say you shall not see him, yet justice is before him; therefore you must trust in him.
15. But now, because it is not so, he has visited in his anger; yet he knows it not in a great extreme:
16. Therefore does Job open his mouth in vain; he multiplies words without knowledge.