1. But Job answered and said,
2. How have you helped him that is without power? how save you the arm that has no strength?
3. How have you counseled him that has no wisdom? and how have you plentifully declared the thing as it is?
4. To whom have you uttered words? and whose spirit came from you?
5. Dead things are formed from under the waters, and the inhabitants thereof.
6. Sheol is naked before him, and destruction has no covering.
7. He stretches out the north over the empty place, and hangs the earth upon nothing.
8. He binds up the waters in his thick clouds; and the cloud is not torn under them.
9. He holds back the face of his throne, and spreads his cloud upon it.
10. He has drawn a circle on the waters at the boundary where the day and night come together.
11. The pillars of heaven tremble and are astonished at his rebuke.
12. He divides the sea with his power, and by his understanding he strikes through the storm.
13. By his spirit he has adorned the heavens; his hand has pierced the fleeing serpent.
14. Lo, these are only parts of his ways: and how little a whisper is heard of him? but the thunder of his power who can understand?