1. Then answered Bildad the Shuhite, and said,
2. How long will it be before you make an end of words? consider, and afterwards we will speak.
3. Why are we counted as beasts, and regarded as vile in your sight?
4. He tears himself in his anger: shall the earth be forsaken for you? and shall the rock be removed out of its place?
5. Yea, the light of the wicked shall be put out, and the flame of his fire shall not shine.
6. The light shall be dark in his tent, and his lamp shall be put out with him.
7. The steps of his strength shall be shortened, and his own counsel shall cast him down.
8. For he is cast into a net by his own feet, and he walks upon a snare.
9. The trap shall take him by the heel, and a snare shall lay hold of him.
10. The noose is laid for him on the ground, and a trap for him in the way.
11. Terrors shall make him afraid on every side, and shall drive him to his feet.
12. His strength shall be hunger-bitten, and destruction shall be ready at his side.
13. It shall devour patches of his skin: even the firstborn of death shall devour his strength.
14. His confidence shall be rooted out of his tent, and it shall bring him to the king of terrors.
15. They shall dwell in his tent, who are none of his: brimstone shall be scattered upon his habitation.
16. His roots shall be dried up beneath, and above shall his branch be cut off.
17. His memory shall perish from the earth, and he shall have no name in the street.
18. He shall be driven from light into darkness, and chased out of the world.
19. He shall neither have son nor nephew among his people, nor any remaining in his dwellings.
20. They that come after him shall be astounded at his day, as they that went before were frightened.
21. Surely such are the dwellings of the wicked, and this is the place of him that knows not God.