1. My breath is corrupt, my days are extinct, the grave is ready for me.
2. Are there not mockers with me? and does not my eye continue in their provocation?
3. Lay down a surety for me with you; who is he that will give surety for me?
4. For you have hidden their heart from understanding: therefore shall you not exalt them.
5. He that speaks flattery to his friends, even the eyes of his children shall fail.
6. He has made me also a byword of the people; and I was as one before whom men spit.
7. My eye also is dim by reason of sorrow, and all my members are like a shadow.
8. Upright men shall be astonished at this, and the innocent shall stir up himself against the hypocrite.
9. The righteous also shall hold to his way, and he that has clean hands shall be stronger and stronger.
10. But as for you all, do you return, and come now: for I cannot find one wise man among you.
11. My days are past, my purposes are broken off, even the thoughts of my heart.
12. They change the night into day: the light is short because of darkness.
13. If I wait, the grave is my house: I have made my bed in the darkness.
14. I have said to corruption, You are my father: to the worm, You are my mother, and my sister.
15. And where is now my hope? as for my hope, who shall see it?
16. They shall go down to the gates of the pit, when our rest together is in the dust.