1. Concerning the divisions of the gatekeepers: Of the Korahites was Meshelemiah the son of Kore, of the sons of Asaph.
2. And the sons of Meshelemiah were, Zechariah the firstborn, Jediael the second, Zebadiah the third, Jathniel the fourth,
3. Elam the fifth, Jehohanan the sixth, Eliehoenai the seventh.
4. Moreover the sons of Obed-edom were, Shemaiah the firstborn, Jehozabad the second, Joah the third, and Sacar the fourth, and Nethanel the fifth,
5. Ammiel the sixth, Issachar the seventh, Peullethai the eighth: for God blessed him.
6. Also unto Shemaiah his son were sons born, that ruled throughout the house of their father: for they were mighty men of valor.
7. The sons of Shemaiah; Othni, and Rephael, and Obed, Elzabad, whose brethren were strong men, Elihu, and Semachiah.
8. All these of the sons of Obed-edom: they and their sons and their brethren, able men for strength for the service, were threescore and two of Obed-edom.
9. And Meshelemiah had sons and brethren, strong men, eighteen.
10. Also Hosah, of the children of Merari, had sons; Shimri the chief, (for though he was not the firstborn, yet his father made him the chief;)
11. Hilkiah the second, Tebaliah the third, Zechariah the fourth: all the sons and brethren of Hosah were thirteen.
12. Among these were the divisions of the gatekeepers, even among the chief men, having duties like one another, to minister in the house of the LORD.
13. And they cast lots, the small as well as the great, according to the house of their fathers, for every gate.
14. And the lot eastward fell to Shelemiah. Then for Zechariah his son, a wise counselor, they cast lots; and his lot came out northward.
15. To Obed-edom southward; and to his sons the storehouse.
16. To Shuppim and Hosah the lot came forth westward, with the gate Shallecheth, by the road that goes up, watch opposite watch.
17. Eastward were six Levites, northward four a day, southward four a day, and for the storehouse two by two.
18. At Parbar westward, four at the road, and two at Parbar.
19. These are the divisions of the gatekeepers among the sons of Korah, and among the sons of Merari.
20. And of the Levites, Ahijah was over the treasuries of the house of God, and over the treasuries of the dedicated things.
21. As concerning the sons of Ladan; the sons of the Gershonite Ladan, the heads of their fathersí houses, even of Ladan the Gershonite, were Jehieli.
22. The sons of Jehieli; Zetham, and Joel his brother, who were over the treasuries of the house of the LORD.
23. Of the Amramites, and the Izharites, the Hebronites, and the Uzzielites:
24. And Shebuel the son of Gershom, the son of Moses, was overseer of the treasuries.
25. And his brethren by Eliezer; Rehabiah his son, and Jeshaiah his son, and Joram his son, and Zichri his son, and Shelomoth his son.
26. This Shelomoth and his brethren were over all the treasuries of the dedicated things, which David the king, and the heads of the fathers' houses, the captains over thousands and hundreds, and the captains of the army, had dedicated.
27. Out of the spoils won in battles did they dedicate to maintain the house of the LORD.
28. And all that Samuel the seer, and Saul the son of Kish, and Abner the son of Ner, and Joab the son of Zeruiah, had dedicated; and whosoever had dedicated anything, it was under the hand of Shelomoth, and of his brethren.
29. Of the Izharites, Chenaniah and his sons performed the outside duties over Israel, as officers and judges.
30. And of the Hebronites, Hashabiah and his brethren, men of valor, a thousand and seven hundred, were officers over them of Israel on this side of the Jordan westward in all the business of the LORD, and in the service of the king.
31. Among the Hebronites was Jerijah the chief, even among the Hebronites, according to the geneology of his fathers. In the fortieth year of the reign of David they were sought for, and there were found among them mighty men of valor at Jazer of Gilead.
32. And his brethren, men of valor, were two thousand and seven hundred heads of the fathers' houses, whom king David made officials over the Reubenites, the Gadites, and the half tribe of Manasseh, for every matter pertaining to God, and affairs of the king.