1. Now these are the divisions of the sons of Aaron. The sons of Aaron; Nadab, and Abihu, Eleazar, and Ithamar.
2. But Nadab and Abihu died before their father, and had no children: therefore Eleazar and Ithamar executed the priestís office.
3. And David distributed them, both Zadok of the sons of Eleazar, and Ahimelech of the sons of Ithamar, according to their offices in their service.
4. And there were more chief men found of the sons of Eleazar than of the sons of Ithamar; and thus were they divided. Among the sons of Eleazar there were sixteen heads of their fathersí houses, and eight heads of their fathersí houses among the sons of Ithamar.
5. Thus were they divided by lot, one group as another; for the officials of the sanctuary, and officials of the house of God, were of the sons of Eleazar, and of the sons of Ithamar.
6. And Shemaiah the son of Nethanel the scribe, one of the Levites, wrote them down before the king, and the leaders, and Zadok the priest, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, and before the heads of the fathersí houses of the priests and Levites: one fatherís house being taken for Eleazar, and one taken for Ithamar.
7. Now the first lot came forth to Jehoiarib, the second to Jedaiah,
8. The third to Harim, the fourth to Seorim,
9. The fifth to Malchijah, the sixth to Mijamin,
10. The seventh to Hakkoz, the eighth to Abijah,
11. The ninth to Jeshuah, the tenth to Shecaniah,
12. The eleventh to Eliashib, the twelfth to Jakim,
13. The thirteenth to Huppah, the fourteenth to Jeshebeab,
14. The fifteenth to Bilgah, the sixteenth to Immer,
15. The seventeenth to Hezir, the eighteenth to Happizzez,
16. The nineteenth to Pethahiah, the twentieth to Jehezkel,
17. The one and twentieth to Jachin, the two and twentieth to Gamul,
18. The three and twentieth to Delaiah, the four and twentieth to Maaziah.
19. This was the schedule of them in their service to come into the house of the LORD, according to their procedure established under Aaron their father, as the LORD God of Israel had commanded him.
20. And the rest of the sons of Levi were these: Of the sons of Amram; Shubael: of the sons of Shubael; Jehdeiah.
21. Concerning Rehabiah: of the sons of Rehabiah, the first was Isshiah.
22. Of the Izharites; Shelomoth: of the sons of Shelomoth; Jahath.
23. And the sons of Hebron; Jeriah the first, Amariah the second, Jahaziel the third, Jekameam the fourth.
24. Of the sons of Uzziel; Micah: of the sons of Micah; Shamir.
25. The brother of Micah was Isshiah: of the sons of Isshiah; Zechariah.
26. The sons of Merari were Mahli and Mushi: the sons of Jaaziah; Beno.
27. The sons of Merari by Jaaziah; Beno, and Shoham, and Zaccur, and Ibri.
28. Of Mahli came Eleazar, who had no sons.
29. Concerning Kish: the son of Kish was Jerahmeel.
30. The sons also of Mushi; Mahli, and Eder, and Jerimoth. These were the sons of the Levites according to the house of their fathers.
31. These likewise cast lots even as their brethren the sons of Aaron in the presence of David the king, and Zadok, and Ahimelech, and the heads of the fathersí houses of the priests and Levites; the principal fathers did even as their younger brethren.