1. The sons of Judah; Perez, Hezron, and Carmi, and Hur, and Shobal.
2. And Reaiah the son of Shobal begat Jahath; and Jahath begat Ahumai, and Lahad. These are the families of the Zorathites.
3. And these were the sons of the father of Etam; Jezreel, and Ishma, and Idbash: and the name of their sister was Hazelelponi:
4. And Penuel the father of Gedor, and Ezer the father of Hushah. These are the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephrathah, the father of Bethlehem.
5. And Ashur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.
6. And Naarah bore him Ahuzzam, and Hepher, and Temeni, and Haahashtari. These were the sons of Naarah.
7. And the sons of Helah were, Zereth, and Izhar, and Ethnan.
8. And Koz begat Anub, and Zobebah, and the families of Aharhel the son of Harum.
9. And Jabez was more honorable than his brethren: and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bore him with sorrow.
10. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that you would bless me indeed, and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
11. And Chelub the brother of Shuhah begat Mehir, who was the father of Eshton.
12. And Eshton begat Beth-rapha, and Paseah, and Tehinnah the father of Ir-nahash. These are the men of Recah.
13. And the sons of Kenaz; Othniel, and Seraiah: and the sons of Othniel; Hathath.
14. And Meonothai begat Ophrah: and Seraiah begat Joab, the father of the valley of Harashim; for they were craftsmen.
15. And the sons of Caleb the son of Jephunneh; Iru, Elah, and Naam: and the sons of Elah, even Kenaz.
16. And the sons of Jehallelel; Ziph, and Ziphah, Tiria, and Asarel.
17. And the sons of Ezra were, Jether, and Mered, and Epher, and Jalon: and Meredís wife bore Miriam, and Shammai, and Ishbah the father of Eshtemoa.
18. And his wife Jehudijah bore Jered the father of Gedor, and Heber the father of Soco, and Jekuthiel the father of Zanoah. And these are the sons of Bithiah the daughter of Pharaoh, who Mered took.
19. And the sons of his wife Hodiah the sister of Naham, the father of Keilah the Garmite, and Eshtemoa the Maachathite.
20. And the sons of Shimon were, Amnon, and Rinnah, Ben-hanan, and Tilon. And the sons of Ishi were, Zoheth, and Ben-zoheth.
21. The sons of Shelah the son of Judah were, Er the father of Lecah, and Laadah the father of Mareshah, and the families of the house of them that wrought fine linen, of the house of Ashbea,
22. And Jokim, and the men of Cozeba, and Joash, and Saraph, who had the dominion in Moab, and Jashubi-lehem. And these are ancient records.
23. These were the potters, and those that dwelt at Netaim and Gederah: there they dwelt with the king for his work.
24. The sons of Simeon were, Nemuel, and Jamin, Jarib, Zerah, and Shaul:
25. Shallum his son, Mibsam his son, Mishma his son.
26. And the sons of Mishma; Hammuel his son, Zaccur his son, Shimei his son.
27. And Shimei had sixteen sons and six daughters; but his brothers had not many children, neither did all their family multiply, like the children of Judah.
28. And they dwelt at Beer-sheba, and Moladah, and Hazar-shual,
29. And at Bilhah, and at Ezem, and at Tolad,
30. And at Bethuel, and at Hormah, and at Ziklag,
31. And at Beth-marcaboth, and Hazar-susim, and at Beth-biri, and at Shaaraim. These were their cities unto the reign of David.
32. And their villages were, Etam, and Ain, Rimmon, and Tochen, and Ashan, five cities:
33. And all their villages that were round about the same cities, unto Baal. These were their dwelling places, and they kept their genealogy.
34. And Meshobab, and Jamlech, and Joshah the son of Amaziah,
35. And Joel, and Jehu the son of Joshibiah, the son of Seraiah, the son of Asiel,
36. And Elioenai, and Jaakobah, and Jeshohaiah, and Asaiah, and Adiel, and Jesimiel, and Benaiah,
37. And Ziza the son of Shiphi, the son of Allon, the son of Jedaiah, the son of Shimri, the son of Shemaiah;
38. These mentioned by their names were princes in their families: and the house of their fathers increased greatly.
39. And they went to the entrance of Gedor, even unto the east side of the valley, to seek pasture for their flocks.
40. And they found rich and good pasture, and the land was broad, and quiet, and peaceable; for they of Ham had dwelt there formerly.
41. And these recorded by name came in the days of Hezekiah king of Judah, and destroyed their tents, and the Meunim that were found there, and destroyed them utterly unto this day, and dwelt in their place: because there was pasture there for their flocks.
42. And some of them, even of the sons of Simeon, five hundred men, went to mount Seir, having for their leaders Pelatiah, and Neariah, and Rephaiah, and Uzziel, the sons of Ishi.
43. And they destroyed the rest of the Amalekites that had escaped, and dwelt there unto this day.