1. And after this it came to pass, that David struck the Philistines, and subdued them: and David took Metheg-ammah out of the hand of the Philistines.
2. And he struck Moab, and measured them with a line, casting them down to the ground; even with two lines measured he the ones to put to death, and with one full line the ones to keep alive. And so the Moabites became Davidís servants, and brought gifts.
3. David struck also Hadadezer, the son of Rehob, king of Zobah, as he went to recover his territory at the river Euphrates.
4. And David took from him a thousand chariots, and seven hundred horsemen, and twenty thousand footmen: and David hamstrung all the chariot horses, but reserved of them for a hundred chariots.
5. And when the Syrians of Damascus came to help Hadadezer king of Zobah, David slew of the Syrians two and twenty thousand men.
6. Then David put garrisons in Syria of Damascus: and the Syrians became servants to David, and brought gifts. And the LORD preserved David wherever he went.
7. And David took the shields of gold that were carried by the servants of Hadadezer, and brought them to Jerusalem.
8. And from Betah, and from Berothai, cities of Hadadezer, king David took very much bronze.
9. When Toi king of Hamath heard that David had defeated all the armies of Hadadezer,
10. Then Toi sent Joram his son unto king David, to greet him, and to bless him, because he had fought against Hadadezer, and defeated him: for Hadadezer had wars with Toi. And Joram brought with him vessels of silver, and vessels of gold, and vessels of bronze:
11. Which also king David did dedicate unto the LORD, with the silver and gold that he had dedicated of all nations which he subdued;
12. Of Edom, and of Moab, and of the children of Ammon, and of the Philistines, and of Amalek, and of the spoil of Hadadezer, son of Rehob, king of Zobah.
13. And David got him a name when he returned from defeating of the Edomites in the valley of salt, being eighteen thousand men.
14. And he put garrisons in Edom; throughout all Edom put he garrisons, and all they of Edom became Davidís servants. And the LORD preserved David wherever he went.
15. And David reigned over all Israel; and David executed judgment and justice unto all his people.
16. And Joab the son of Zeruiah was over the army; and Jehoshaphat the son of Ahilud was recorder;
17. And Zadok the son of Ahitub, and Ahimelech the son of Abiathar, were the priests; and Seraiah was the scribe;
18. And Benaiah the son of Jehoiada was over both the Cherethites and the Pelethites; and Davidís sons were chief rulers.