1. This then was the lot of the tribe of the children of Judah according to their families; even to the border of Edom, the wilderness of Zin southward was the fatherest part of the south border.
2. And their south border was from the shore of the salt sea, from the bay that faces southward:
3. And it went out to the south side to Maalehakrabbim, and passed along to Zin, and ascended up on the south side of Kadeshbarnea, and passed along to Hezron, and went up to Addar, and turned about to Karka:
4. From there it passed toward Azmon, and went out by the river of Egypt; and the border ended at the sea: this shall be your south boundary.
5. And the east border was the salt sea, even unto the mouth of the Jordan. And the border in the north quarter was from the bay of the sea at the mouth of the Jordan:
6. And the border went up to Bethhogla, and passed along north of Betharabah; and the border went up to the stone of Bohan the son of Reuben:
7. And the border went up toward Debir from the valley of Achor, and so northward, turning toward Gilgal, that is before the ascent to Adummim, which is on the south side of the valley: and the border passed toward the waters of Enshemesh, and ended at Enrogel:
8. And the border went up by the valley of the son of Hinnom unto the south slope of the Jebusite; the same is Jerusalem: and the border went up to the top of the mountain that lies before the valley of Hinnom westward, which is at the end of the valley of the giants northward:
9. And the border extended from the top of the hill unto the fountain of the water of Nephtoah, and went out to the cities of mount Ephron; and the border went around to Baalah, which is Kiriathjearim:
10. And the border turned from Baalah westward unto mount Seir, and passed along to the side of mount Jearim, which is Chesalon, on the north side, and went down to Bethshemesh, and passed on to Timnah:
11. And the border went out unto the side of Ekron northward: and the border went around to Shikkeron, and passed along to mount Baalah, and went out to Jabneel; and the end of the border was at the sea.
12. And the west border was to the Great Sea, and its coast. This is the boundary round about the children of Judah according to their families.
13. And unto Caleb the son of Jephunneh he gave a portion among the children of Judah, according to the commandment of the LORD to Joshua, even the city of Arba, the father of Anak, which city is Hebron.
14. And Caleb drove out from there the three sons of Anak, Sheshai, and Ahiman, and Talmai, the children of Anak.
15. And he went up there to the inhabitants of Debir: and the name of Debir before was Kiriathsepher.
16. And Caleb said, He that smites Kiriathsepher, and takes it, to him will I give Achsah my daughter as wife.
17. And Othniel the son of Kenaz, the brother of Caleb, took it: and he gave him Achsah his daughter as wife.
18. And it came to pass, as she came unto him, that she moved him to ask of her father a field: and she dismounted off her donkey; and Caleb said unto her, What do you wish?
19. She answered, Give me a blessing; for you have given me the South land; give me also springs of water. And he gave her the upper springs, and the lower springs.
20. This is the inheritance of the tribe of the children of Judah according to their families.
21. And the furthermost cities of the tribe of the children of Judah toward the border of Edom in the South were Kabzeel, and Eder, and Jagur,
22. And Kinah, and Dimonah, and Adadah,
23. And Kedesh, and Hazor, and Ithnan,
24. Ziph, and Telem, and Bealoth,
25. And Hazor, Hadattah, and Kerioth, and Hezron, which is Hazor,
26. Amam, and Shema, and Moladah,
27. And Hazargaddah, and Heshmon, and Bethpelet,
28. And Hazarshual, and Beersheba, and Biziothiah,
29. Baalah, and Iim, and Ezem,
30. And Eltolad, and Chesil, and Hormah,
31. And Ziklag, and Madmannah, and Sansannah,
32. And Lebaoth, and Shilhim, and Ain, and Rimmon: all the cities are twenty and nine, with their villages:
33. And in the lowland, Eshtaol, and Zorah, and Ashnah,
34. And Zanoah, and Engannim, Tappuah, and Enam,
35. Jarmuth, and Adullam, Socoh, and Azekah,
36. And Shaaraim, and Adithaim, and Gederah, and Gederothaim; fourteen cities with their villages:
37. Zenan, and Hadashah, and Migdalgad,
38. And Dilean, and Mizpeh, and Joktheel,
39. Lachish, and Bozkath, and Eglon,
40. And Cabbon, and Lahmam, and Kitlish,
41. And Gederoth, Bethdagon, and Naamah, and Makkedah; sixteen cities with their villages:
42. Libnah, and Ether, and Ashan,
43. And Iphtah, and Ashnah, and Nezib,
44. And Keilah, and Achzib, and Mareshah; nine cities with their villages:
45. Ekron, with its towns and its villages:
46. From Ekron even unto the sea, all that lay near Ashdod, with their villages:
47. Ashdod with its towns and its villages, Gaza with its towns and its villages, unto the river of Egypt, and the great sea, and its coastline:
48. And in the mountains, Shamir, and Jattir, and Socoh,
49. And Dannah, and Kiriathsannah, which is Debir,
50. And Anab, and Eshtemoh, and Anim,
51. And Goshen, and Holon, and Giloh; eleven cities with their villages:
52. Arab, and Dumah, and Eshan,
53. And Janim, and Bethtappuah, and Aphekah,
54. And Humtah, and Kiriatharba, which is Hebron, and Zior; nine cities with their villages:
55. Maon, Carmel, and Ziph, and Juttah,
56. And Jezreel, and Jokdeam, and Zanoah,
57. Kain, Gibeah, and Timnah; ten cities with their villages:
58. Halhul, Bethzur, and Gedor,
59. And Maarath, and Bethanoth, and Eltekon; six cities with their villages:
60. Kiriathbaal, which is Kiriathjearim, and Rabbah; two cities with their villages:
61. In the wilderness, Betharabah, Middin, and Secacah,
62. And Nibshan, and the city of Salt, and Engedi; six cities with their villages.
63. As for the Jebusites the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out: but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem unto this day.