1. Now Joshua was old and stricken in years; and the LORD said unto him, You are old and stricken in years, and there remains yet very much land to be possessed.
2. This is the land that yet remains: all the borders of the Philistines, and all that of the Geshurites,
3. From Sihor, which is east of Egypt, even unto the borders of Ekron northward, which is counted to the Canaanite: five lords of the Philistines; the Gazites, and the Ashdodites, the Ekronites, the Gittites, and the Ekronites; also the Avites:
4. From the south, all the land of the Canaanites, and Mearah that belongs to the Sidonians unto Aphek, to the borders of the Amorites:
5. And the land of the Gebalites, and all Lebanon, toward the sun rising, from Baalgad below mount Hermon unto the entrance into Hamath.
6. All the inhabitants of the hill country from Lebanon unto Misrephothmaim, and all the Sidonians, them will I drive out from before the children of Israel: only divide it by lot unto the Israelites for an inheritance, as I have commanded you.
7. Now therefore divide this land for an inheritance unto the nine tribes, and the half tribe of Manasseh.
8. With the other half tribe, the Reubenites and the Gadites have received their inheritance, which Moses gave them, beyond Jordan eastward, even as Moses the servant of the LORD gave them;
9. From Aroer, that is on the bank of the river Arnon, and the city that is in the midst of the valley, and all the plain of Medeba unto Dibon;
10. And all the cities of Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon, as far as the border of the children of Ammon;
11. And Gilead, and the border of the Geshurites and Maachathites, and all mount Hermon, and all Bashan unto Salecah;
12. All the kingdom of Og in Bashan, who reigned in Ashtaroth and in Edrei, who remained of the remnant of the giants: for these did Moses defeat, and cast them out.
13. Nevertheless the children of Israel expelled not the Geshurites, nor the Maachathites: but the Geshurites and the Maachathites dwell among the Israelites until this day.
14. Only unto the tribe of Levi he gave no inheritance; the sacrifices of the LORD God of Israel made by fire are their inheritance, as he said unto them.
15. And Moses gave unto the tribe of the children of Reuben inheritance according to their families.
16. And their territory was from Aroer, that is on the bank of the river Arnon, and the city that is in the midst of the valley, and all the plain by Medeba;
17. Heshbon, and all its cities that are in the plain; Dibon, and Bamothbaal, and Bethbaalmeon,
18. And Jahaz, and Kedemoth, and Mephaath,
19. And Kiriathaim, and Sibmah, and Zerethshahar in the mount of the valley,
20. And Bethpeor, and the slopes of Pisgah, and Bethjeshimoth,
21. And all the cities of the plain, and all the kingdom of Sihon king of the Amorites, who reigned in Heshbon, whom Moses struck with the princes of Midian, Evi, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, who were princes of Sihon, dwelling in the country.
22. Balaam also the son of Beor, the soothsayer, did the children of Israel slay with the sword among them that were slain by them.
23. And the border of the children of Reuben was Jordan, and the border thereof. This was the inheritance of the children of Reuben according to their families, the cities and their villages.
24. And Moses gave inheritance unto the tribe of Gad, even unto the children of Gad according to their families.
25. And their territory was Jazer, and all the cities of Gilead, and half the land of the children of Ammon, unto Aroer that is near Rabbah;
26. And from Heshbon unto Ramathmizpeh, and Betonim; and from Mahanaim unto the border of Debir;
27. And in the valley, Bethharam, and Bethnimrah, and Succoth, and Zaphon, the rest of the kingdom of Sihon king of Heshbon, with the Jordan and its border, even unto the edge of the sea of Chinnereth on the other side of Jordan eastward.
28. This is the inheritance of the children of Gad according to their families, the cities and their villages.
29. And Moses gave inheritance unto the half tribe of Manasseh: and this was the possession of the half tribe of the children of Manasseh according their families.
30. And their territory was from Mahanaim, all Bashan, all the kingdom of Og king of Bashan, and all the towns of Jair, which are in Bashan, three-score cities:
31. And half Gilead, and Ashtaroth, and Edrei, cities of the kingdom of Og in Bashan, were allotted unto the children of Machir the son of Manasseh, even for the one half of the children of Machir according to their families.
32. These are the areas which Moses did distribute for inheritance in the plains of Moab, on the other side of Jordan, by Jericho eastward.
33. But unto the tribe of Levi Moses gave no inheritance: the LORD God of Israel was their inheritance, as he said unto them.