1. Therefore you shall love the LORD your God, and keep his charge, and his statutes, and his judgments, and his commandments, always.
2. And know you this day: for I speak not with your children who have not known, and who have not seen the chastisement of the LORD your God, his greatness, his mighty hand, and his outstretched arm,
3. And his miracles, and his acts, which he did in the midst of Egypt unto Pharaoh the king of Egypt, and unto all his land;
4. And what he did unto the army of Egypt, unto their horses, and to their chariots; how he made the water of the Red sea to overflow them as they pursued after you, and how the LORD has destroyed them unto this day;
5. And what he did unto you in the wilderness, until you came into this place;
6. And what he did unto Dathan and Abiram, the sons of Eliab, the son of Reuben: how the earth opened its mouth, and swallowed them up, and their households, and their tents, and all the substance that was in their possession, in the midst of all Israel:
7. But your eyes have seen all the great acts of the LORD which he did.
8. Therefore shall you keep all the commandments which I command you this day, that you may be strong, and go in and possess the land, wherever you go to possess it;
9. And that you may prolong your days in the land, which the LORD swore unto your fathers to give unto them and to their descendants, a land that flows with milk and honey.
10. For the land, where you go in to possess it, is not as the land of Egypt, from where you came out, where you sowed your seed, and watered it with your foot, as a garden of herbs:
11. But the land, where you go to possess it, is a land of hills and valleys, and drinks water from the rain of heaven:
12. A land which the LORD your God cares for: the eyes of the LORD your God are always upon it, from the beginning of the year even unto the end of the year.
13. And it shall come to pass, if you shall hearken diligently unto my commandments which I command you this day, to love the LORD your God, and to serve him with all your heart and with all your soul,
14. That I will give you the rain of your land in its due season, the first rain and the latter rain, that you may gather in your grain, and your wine, and your oil.
15. And I will send grass in your fields for your cattle, that you may eat and be full.
16. Take heed to yourselves, that your heart be not deceived, and you turn aside, and serve other gods, and worship them;
17. And then the LORD'S wrath be kindled against you, and he shut up the heaven, that there be no rain, and that the land yield not her fruit; and lest you perish quickly from off the good land which the LORD gives you.
18. Therefore shall you lay up these my words in your heart and in your soul, and bind them for a sign upon your hand, that they may be as frontlets between your eyes.
19. And you shall teach them to your children, speaking of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up.
20. And you shall write them upon the door posts of your house, and upon your gates:
21. That your days may be multiplied, and the days of your children, in the land which the LORD swore unto your fathers to give them, as the days of heaven upon the earth.
22. For if you shall diligently keep all these commandments which I command you, to do them, to love the LORD your God, to walk in all his ways, and to cleave unto him;
23. Then will the LORD drive out all these nations from before you, and you shall possess nations greater and mightier than yourselves.
24. Every place on which the soles of your feet shall tread shall be yours: from the wilderness and Lebanon, from the river, the river Euphrates, even unto the western sea shall your territory be.
25. There shall no man be able to stand before you: for the LORD your God shall lay the fear of you and the dread of you upon all the land that you shall tread upon, as he has said unto you.
26. Behold, I set before you this day a blessing and a curse;
27. A blessing, if you obey the commandments of the LORD your God, which I command you this day:
28. And a curse, if you will not obey the commandments of the LORD your God, but turn aside out of the way which I command you this day, to go after other gods, which you have not known.
29. And it shall come to pass, when the LORD your God has brought you in unto the land where you go to possess it, that you shall put the blessing upon mount Gerizim, and the curse upon mount Ebal.
30. Are they not on the other side of Jordan, by the way where the sun goes down, in the land of the Canaanites, who dwell in the plain opposite Gilgal, beside the oaks of Moreh?
31. For you shall pass over Jordan to go in to possess the land which the LORD your God gives you, and you shall possess it, and dwell therein.
32. And you shall observe to do all the statutes and judgments which I set before you this day.