1. And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying,
2. Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, I am the LORD your God.
3. According to the practices in the land of Egypt, wherein you dwelt, shall you not do: and according to the practices of the land of Canaan, where I bring you, shall you not do: neither shall you walk in their ordinances.
4. You shall do my ordinances, and keep my statutes, to walk therein: I am the LORD your God.
5. You shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them: I am the LORD.
6. None of you shall approach to any that is near of kin to him, to uncover their nakedness: I am the LORD.
7. The nakedness of your father, or the nakedness of your mother, shall you not uncover: she is your mother; you shall not uncover her nakedness.
8. The nakedness of your father's wife shall you not uncover: it is your father's nakedness.
9. The nakedness of your sister, the daughter of your father, or daughter of your mother, whether she be born at home, or born abroad, even her nakedness you shall not uncover.
10. The nakedness of your son's daughter, or of your daughter's daughter, even their nakedness you shall not uncover: for theirs is your own nakedness.
11. The nakedness of your father's wife's daughter, begotten of your father, she is your sister, you shall not uncover her nakedness.
12. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your fatherís sister: she is your fatherís near kinswoman.
13. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your motherís sister: for she is your motherís near kinswoman.
14. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your fatherís brother, you shall not approach to his wife: she is your aunt.
15. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your daughter-in-law: she is your son's wife; you shall not uncover her nakedness.
16. You shall not uncover the nakedness of your brother's wife: it is your brother's nakedness.
17. You shall not uncover the nakedness of a woman and her daughter, neither shall you take her son's daughter, or her daughter's daughter, to uncover her nakedness; for they are her near kinswomen: it is wickedness.
18. Neither shall you take as a wife her sister, to vex her, to uncover her nakedness, beside the other in her life time.
19. Also you shall not approach unto a woman to uncover her nakedness, as long as she is put apart for her uncleanness.
20. Moreover you shall not lie carnally with your neighbor's wife, to defile yourself with her.
21. And you shall not let any of your children pass through the fire to Molech, neither shall you profane the name of your God: I am the LORD.
22. You shall not lie with a man, as with a woman: it is abomination.
23. Neither shall you lie with any animal to defile yourself with it: neither shall any woman stand before an animal to lie down with it: it is perversion.
24. Defile not you yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out before you:
25. And the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land itself vomits out its inhabitants.
26. You shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourns among you:
27. (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiled;)
28. That the land vomit you not out also, when you defile it, as it vomited out the nations that were before you.
29. For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.
30. Therefore shall you keep my ordinance, that you commit not any one of these abominable customs, which were committed before you, and that you defile not yourselves therein: I am the LORD your God.