1. And the LORD spoke unto Moses, saying,
2. Speak unto Aaron, and unto his sons, and unto all the children of Israel, and say unto them; This is the thing which the LORD has commanded, saying,
3. Whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, that kills an ox, or lamb, or goat, in the camp, or that kills it out of the camp,
4. And brings it not unto the door of the tabernacle of meeting, to offer an offering unto the LORD before the tabernacle of the LORD; blood shall be imputed unto that man; he has shed blood; and that man shall be cut off from among his people:
5. To the end that the children of Israel may bring their sacrifices, which they offer in the open field, even that they may bring them unto the LORD, unto the door of the tabernacle of meeting, unto the priest, and offer them for peace offerings unto the LORD.
6. And the priest shall sprinkle the blood upon the altar of the LORD at the door of the tabernacle of meeting, and burn the fat for a sweet aroma unto the LORD.
7. And they shall no more offer their sacrifices unto demons, after whom they have played the harlot. This shall be a statute forever unto them throughout their generations.
8. And you shall say unto them, Whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers who sojourn among you, that offers a burnt offering or sacrifice,
9. And brings it not unto the door of the tabernacle of meeting, to offer it unto the LORD; even that man shall be cut off from among his people.
10. And whatsoever man there be of the house of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, that eats any manner of blood; I will even set my face against that soul that eats blood, and will cut him off from among his people.
11. For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that makes an atonement for the soul.
12. Therefore I said unto the children of Israel, No soul of you shall eat blood, neither shall any stranger that sojourns among you eat blood.
13. And whatsoever man there be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn among you, who hunts and catches any animal or fowl that may be eaten; he shall even pour out the blood thereof, and cover it with dust.
14. For it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof: therefore I said unto the children of Israel, You shall eat the blood of no kind of flesh: for the life of all flesh is the blood thereof: whosoever eats it shall be cut off.
15. And every soul that eats that which died of itself, or that which was torn by animals, whether it be one of your own country, or a stranger, he shall both wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the evening: then shall he be clean.
16. But if he washes them not, nor bathes his flesh; then he shall bear his iniquity.