1. And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took each of them his censer, and put fire in it, and put incense thereon, and offered unholy fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not.
2. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
3. Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spoke, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come near me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.
4. And Moses called Mishael and Elzaphan, the sons of Uzziel the uncle of Aaron, and said unto them, Come near, carry your brethren from before the sanctuary out of the camp.
5. So they went near, and carried them in their coats out of the camp; as Moses had said.
6. And Moses said unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons, Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest you die, and lest wrath come upon all the people: but let your brethren, the whole house of Israel, bewail the burning which the LORD has kindled.
7. And you shall not go out from the door of the tabernacle of meeting, lest you die: for the anointing oil of the LORD is upon you. And they did according to the word of Moses.
8. And the LORD spoke unto Aaron, saying,
9. Do not drink wine nor strong drink, you, nor your sons with you, when you go into the tabernacle of meeting, lest you die: it shall be a statute forever throughout your generations:
10. And that you may put difference between holy and unholy, and between unclean and clean;
11. And that you may teach the children of Israel all the statutes which the LORD has spoken unto them by the hand of Moses.
12. And Moses spoke unto Aaron, and unto Eleazar and unto Ithamar, his sons that were left, Take the grain offering that remains of the offerings of the LORD made by fire, and eat it without leaven beside the altar: for it is most holy:
13. And you shall eat it in the holy place, because it is your due, and your sons' due, of the sacrifices of the LORD made by fire: for so I am commanded.
14. And the wave breast and heave shoulder shall you eat in a clean place; you, and your sons, and your daughters with you: for they are your due, and your sons' due, which are given out of the sacrifices of peace offerings of the children of Israel.
15. The heave shoulder and the wave breast shall they bring with the offerings made by fire of the fat, to wave it for a wave offering before the LORD; and it shall be yours, and your sons' with you, by a statute forever; as the LORD has commanded.
16. And Moses diligently sought the goat of the sin offering, and, behold, it was burnt: and he was angry with Eleazar and Ithamar, the sons of Aaron who were left alive, saying,
17. Why have you not eaten the sin offering in the holy place, seeing it is most holy, and God has given it to you to bear the iniquity of the congregation, to make atonement for them before the LORD?
18. Behold, the blood of it was not brought in within the holy place: you should indeed have eaten it in the holy place, as I commanded.
19. And Aaron said unto Moses, Behold, this day have they offered their sin offering and their burnt offering before the LORD; and such things have befallen me: and if I had eaten the sin offering today, should it have been accepted in the sight of the LORD?
20. And when Moses heard that, he was content.