1. And you has he made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins:
2. In which in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now works in the children of disobedience:
3. Among whom also we all had our behavior in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others.
4. But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us,
5. Even when we were dead in sins, has made us alive together with Christ, (by grace you are saved;)
6. And has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
7. That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
8. For by grace are you saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9. Not of works, lest any man should boast.
10. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has before ordained that we should walk in them.
11. Therefore remember, that you being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
12. That at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
13. But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off are made near by the blood of Christ.
14. For he is our peace, who has made both one, and has broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
15. Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; to make in himself of two one new man, so making peace;
16. And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
17. And came and preached peace to you who were afar off, and to them that were near.
18. For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
19. Now therefore you are no more strangers and sojourners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
20. And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone;
21. In whom all the building fitly framed together grows unto a holy temple in the Lord:
22. In whom you also are built together for a habitation of God through the Spirit.