1. We then, as workers together with him, beseech you also that you receive not the grace of God in vain.
2. (For he says, I have heard you in a time accepted, and in the day of salvation have I helped you: behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation.)
3. Giving no offense in anything, that the ministry be not blamed:
4. But in all things presenting ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses,
5. In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labors, in watchings, in fastings;
6. By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Spirit, by love unfeigned,
7. By the word of truth, by the power of God, by the armor of righteousness on the right hand and on the left,
8. By honor and dishonor, by evil report and good report: as deceivers, and yet true;
9. As unknown, and yet well known; as dying, and, behold, we live; as chastened, and not killed;
10. As sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, and yet possessing all things.
11. O you Corinthians, our mouth is open unto you, our heart is enlarged.
12. You are not constrained in us, but you are constrained in your own affections.
13. Now in return for the same, (I speak as unto my children,) be you also enlarged in heart.
14. Be you not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship has righteousness with unrighteousness? and what partnership has light with darkness?
15. And what harmony has Christ with Belial? or what part has he that believes with an infidel?
16. And what agreement has the temple of God with idols? for you are the temple of the living God; as God has said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17. Therefore come out from among them, and be you separate, says the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18. And will be a Father unto you, and you shall be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty.