1. We then that are strong ought to bear the weaknesses of the weak, and not to please ourselves.
2. Let every one of us please his neighbor for his good to edification.
3. For even Christ pleased not himself; but, as it is written, The reproaches of them that reproached you fell on me.
4. For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.
5. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be like minded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
6. That you may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
7. Therefore receive one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.
8. Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:
9. And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to you among the Gentiles, and sing unto your name.
10. And again he says, Rejoice, you Gentiles, with his people.
11. And again, Praise the Lord, all you Gentiles; and laud him, all you people.
12. And again, Isaiah says, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
13. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Spirit.
14. And I myself also am persuaded of you, my brethren, that you also are full of goodness, filled with all knowledge, able also to admonish one another.
15. Nevertheless, brethren, I have written the more boldly unto you in some way, as reminding you, because of the grace that is given to me of God,
16. That I should be the minister of Jesus Christ to the Gentiles, ministering the gospel of God, that the offering up of the Gentiles might be acceptable, being sanctified by the Holy Spirit.
17. I have therefore that of which I may boast through Jesus Christ in those things which pertain to God.
18. For I will not dare to speak of any of those things which Christ has not worked by me, to make the Gentiles obedient, by word and deed,
19. Through mighty signs and wonders, by the power of the Spirit of God; so that from Jerusalem, and round about unto Illyricum, I have fully preached the gospel of Christ.
20. Yea, so have I strived to preach the gospel, not where Christ was named, lest I should build upon another man's foundation:
21. But as it is written, To whom he was not spoken of, they shall see: and they that have not heard shall understand.
22. For which cause also I have been much hindered from coming to you.
23. But now having no more place of work in these parts, and having a great desire these many years to come unto you;
24. Whenever I take my journey into Spain, I will come to you: for I trust to see you in my journey, and to be brought on my way there by you, if first I am somewhat refreshed with your company.
25. But now I go unto Jerusalem to minister unto the saints.
26. For it has pleased them of Macedonia and Achaia to make a certain contribution for the poor saints who are at Jerusalem.
27. It has pleased them greatly; and their debtors they are. For if the Gentiles have been made partakers of their spiritual things, their duty is also to minister unto them in material things.
28. When therefore I have performed this, and have sealed to them this fruit, I will come by you to Spain.
29. And I am sure that, when I come unto you, I shall come in the fullness of the blessing of the gospel of Christ.
30. Now I beseech you, brethren, for the Lord Jesus Christ's sake, and for the love of the Spirit, that you strive together with me in your prayers to God for me;
31. That I may be delivered from them that do not believe in Judea; and that my service which I have for Jerusalem may be accepted of the saints;
32. That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.
33. Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.