1. And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.
2. And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in there two mites.
3. And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow has cast in more than they all:
4. For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her poverty has cast in all the living that she had.
5. And as some spoke of the temple, how it was adorned with beautiful stones and gifts, he said,
6. As for these things which you behold, the days will come, in which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
7. And they asked him, saying, Teacher, but when shall these things be? and what sign will there be when these things shall come to pass?
8. And he said, Take heed that you be not deceived: for many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and the time draws near: go not therefore after them.
9. But when you shall hear of wars and tumults, be not terrified: for these things must first come to pass; but the end is not yet.
10. Then said he unto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom:
11. And great earthquakes shall be in various places, and famines, and pestilences; and fearful sights and great signs shall there be from heaven.
12. But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, delivering you up to the synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before kings and rulers for my name's sake.
13. And it shall turn out to you for a testimony.
14. Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate beforehand what you shall answer:
15. For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to contradict nor resist.
16. And you shall be betrayed both by parents, and brothers, and kinsfolk, and friends; and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.
17. And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake.
18. But there shall not a hair of your head perish.
19. In your patience you will gain your souls.
20. And when you shall see Jerusalem surrounded with armies, then know that its desolation is near.
21. Then let them who are in Judea flee to the mountains; and let them who are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the country enter into it.
22. For these are the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.
23. But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that nurse children, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
24. And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.
25. And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;
26. Men's hearts failing them for fear, and for looking toward those things which are coming on the earth: for the powers of heaven shall be shaken.
27. And then shall they see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory.
28. And when these things begin to come to pass, then look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draws near.
29. And he spoke to them a parable; Look at the fig tree, and all the trees;
30. When they now shoot forth, you see and know of your own selves that summer is now near at hand.
31. So likewise you, when you see these things come to pass, know that the kingdom of God is near at hand.
32. Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass away, till all be fulfilled.
33. Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away.
34. And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be weighed down with carousing, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares.
35. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.
36. Watch therefore, and pray always, that you may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.
37. And in the daytime he was teaching in the temple; and at night he went out, and abode in the mount that is called the mount of Olives.
38. And all the people came early in the morning to him in the temple, to hear him.